Now it’s pretty easy to pay your income tax online without any hassle. In this article I have mentioned few easy steps that will let you know how to pay income tax online with the help of National Securities Despository Limited
Steps to Pay your Income Tax Online in India
1. First select the relevant challan from the NSDL site and enter your PAN/TAN as applicable.
2. There you will find a total of 4 listed applicable challans.
3. Select ITNS 280 for the payment of income tax.
4. Once selected, you will be directed to the next page.
5. In the next page you will be asked to provide the details like Permanent Account No (PAN CARD), Assessment year, Full Name, address, Type of Payment like Advance Tax, Surtax, Self assessment tax, and others.
6. After providing all required details, you will be redirected to your bank site where you would be required to log in using your net banking login credentials.
7. Once the transaction is completed, you will get SMS over phone number as an acknowledgment of payment.
8. After that, a CIN would be displayed on your screen which is the copy and the proof of your tax payment.
It is good to have hardcopy of the CIN and a softcopy in your desktop. I believe it is simple and easy way to pay your income tax online. Try it yourself and let us know if you have any other easy way for paying income tax online.