Recently Facebook has unveiled a revamped profile page that lets users better highlight the people and experiences that matter to them most. The New Facebook profile introduces a stream of five photos displayed at the top of user profile. This streams consists of most recently tagged photos or from profile picture album. Some of the facebook user have tried their creativity with the design as shown below.
There is no global switch or option to disable and remove the photos at the top of the profile. However, it’s possible to remove and prevent a specific photo from appearing at the top of Facebook new profile. Useful to remove and clean the photos from any wrongly untagged images, pictures of spam nature, or simply photos that you don’t want others to see directly on Profile page.
Other Facebook Tricks:
- How to Access Facebook Profile/Wall From Gmail
- How To take a Backup copy of All Your Facebook Data
- How-to Download Complete Photo Collections From Your Facebook Friends’ Profiles
- HOW TO: Build the Facebook Landing Page for Your Blog
You can remove any photo instantly from the top of the Facebook profile by clicking ” x” that floats in the top-right corner on rolling the mouse over the image.The photo can still be found and seen on your photos page.
How to Hide Tagged Photos on Top of New Facebook Profile
Remember that only the people selected in your current “Photos and videos I’m tagged in” setting will see these photos. You can adjust this setting from the “Sharing on Facebook” section of your Privacy Settings page. To get there, follow these steps:
- Choose the “Privacy Settings” option in the Account drop-down menu at the top of any Facebook page.
- Select “Customize Settings” in the “Sharing on Facebook” section.
- Click on “Edit Settings” for “Photos and videos I’m tagged in”.
- Select the new privacy settings for “Who can see photos and videos I’m tagged in” from the drop-down list. Options available are Everyone, Friends of Friends, Friends Only and Customize (for making visible to specific friends or only me, or hide from specific friends).
- Click “Okay” or “Save Setting” when done.
Tip: If you don’t want any photos to display on top of profile to anybody (completely remove the photos bar on top of the profile), set the Privacy Settings above to “Only Me” for “Make this visible to” when inside the “Customize” option. Then, go to “Edit album privacy for existing photos” on Privacy Settings page, and change the setting of “Profile Pictures” to “Customize”, and select “Only Me” under “Make this visible to” too.