Today, over 150 million of Internet users are using PayPal to transfer and receive money through Internet. This number one electronic payment processor provides an all-in-one solutions for e-commerce business and it changes the world how to handle money in cyberspace.
You can use Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express with PayPal. Plus, when you pay with PayPal, you don’t expose your credit card number to merchants. In this article I will explain you how to add a Credit Card to Paypal.
How to Add a Credit Card to PayPal
- Go to “My Account” – “Profile” – “Add/Edit Credit Card“.
- Fill in your credit card numbers and enter the address where you receive billing statements for your card.
As part of the verification process, PayPal will made a small, refundable charge to your card to generate a 4-digit PayPal code (similar to a pin number) which you’ll need to complete verification.
How to Confirm Your Card and Complete PayPal Verification
- Check the description field of your credit card statement or bank statement (for debit card) for your 4-digit code (pin number) and the word ‘PayPal’ or ‘PP’. Some examples to help you recognise your code:
- Log in to your PayPal account again and go to your ‘Overview’ page.
- Click ‘Confirm my debit or credit card’ and enter your 4-digit code (1234 or 4321) to complete verification.
The small amount PayPal has charged you will be refunded to your PayPal account within 24 hours after you complete the process.
For your security, you can register a credit card on just one PayPal account at a time. Similarly you can register several different credit cards on a single PayPal account.