You may not need Photoshop to edit images or an expensive app to capture screens from our desktop to explain something. There are many free image image editing tool and also quite a few free screen capture alternatives to capture screens on your computer.
PicPick is one such free & lightweight image capturing and editing software with a lot of features. It provides advanced screen capture functions and allows you to edit and save images in different formats. You can also upload the image to facebook, twitter or send as an email via this software.
Key Features of PicPick
PicPick is a all-in-one design tool utility that clubs into several features (listed below) into a single portable freeware.
- Screen Capture – Allows you to define the part of the screen to be captured. You can Full Screen (Support for Dual Monitors), Active Window, Window Control (Scroll a page automatically), Region, Fixed Region, FreeHand, Repeat Last Capture
- Image Editor – Just similar to Microsoft Paint, but you can do more such as adding an effect like selection opacity, blur, sharpen, brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, flip, rotate and etc.
- Color Picker
- Color Palette
- Pixel Ruler
- Screen Protractor
- Screen Whiteboard
- Options to save image as jpg, bmp, png, gif or pdf.
- Upload the images to facebook, twitter, ftp or send as an email.
- Send image to an external programs such as word, excel etc.
- Define your own hotkeys.
Although this software does not have advanced image editing capabilities, it is a good choice for home users who needs a lightweight and portable screen capture software with basic image editing capabilities. PicPick is free for personal use.
If you have your own favorite screenshot tool, do let us know about it in the comments.