- How Television May Be Impacting Your Kids [infographic]
- Retweet & Win Licensed Version of WinX DVD Ripper Platinum Worth $45
- How to Get Google Chrome Offline Installer [Official]
- Download GClient – Free Google Plus Desktop Client for Windows
- HP Labs Shows off Glasses-Free 3-D for Phones and Tablets [Video]
Recently Microsoft released the Windows 8 Consumer Preview. Microsoft said that there is no need to install third party antiviruses into the final build of Windows 8 as it will be shipped with an in-built antivirus program named Windows Defender.
As usual, it will never been used as the primary security system in anyone’s machine. So in the battle to become the best security system for Windows 8, all companies have started working to make their programs compatible with the latest operating system.
The popular security vendor, Symantec, has released the new version of its Internet security suite that will work well with Windows 8 Consumer Preview. The program is currently in its beta stage and up for download with a 60 days trial version. It undoubtedly provides more features than Microsoft’s Windows Defender.
Key Features of Norton Internet Security 2012
Here’s a quick round up of new features that Symantec offering with its latest Windows 8 compatible security system.
- New Insight 2.0 – This feature prompts you to not stop installing the app if it may harm the health and stability of your computer.
- Norton Safe Web for Facebook – It scans your News Feed for dangerous downloads and links to unsafe websites and warns you and your Facebook friends about them.
- Improved customizable Control Center – It now lets you choose between a simple or a detailed view for accessing program controls and Web-based Norton services.
- Power saver settings – It maximizes your laptop’s battery life by putting off non-critical activities until your computer is plugged in.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool – This feature creates an emergency CD/DVD/USB that gets your PC back up and running even if it’s so infected that it won’t start up.
The security vendor is inviting users to test Norton Internet Security on Windows 8. If you get any weird errors, navigate to the support forum where the development team would love to help you in any matter.
Download Norton Internet Security for Windows 8 [ 60-days trial version ]