All your favourite website like Gmail, Facebook or Twitter needs a password to access. While creating the password, you might be in a hurry to check the features of the site. But on the negative part of it would be the weak password.
What is Strong Password ?
In a nutshell, a strong password must constitute the following:
- It needs to contain special characters such as @#$%^&
- It must be at least 8 characters long.
- It must not have any common words such as 123, password, your birth date, your login name and any words that can be found in the dictionary.
- a variation of capitalization and small letters
Online services like Google’s Gmail or WordPress have password meters that calculate the strength of password as you type more characters into the box. If you don’t find any password meters on the site, you can check howsecureismypassword.net
Just enter a password in the form. You do not necessarily have to enter a password that you use actively. You can alternatively enter a comparable password to find out how long it would take to hack your password with a brute force, or maybe a combined dictionary and brute force attack.
This service also displays information and tips that can help you select a more secure password. In addition, it compares the selected password against the list of the top 10k passwords used on the Internet.
You might also like:
- Send Out Your Passwords After You Die using PassMyWill
- How to know if your Email Password has been Hacked ?
- 5 Reasons to Use A Password Manager Software
The estimated time to hack a password is based on the processing power of a modern desktop PC. Depending on the infrastructure used, it may take considerable less time to hack a password.