A virus in our computer just acts like a infection in a human, it spreads all over body, infecting and harming in every way it can. But we are lucky, that there is a way to protect our computer by a good and effective antivirus program.
In the starting days of Antivirus softwares, they generally detected viruses in computer. But nowadays, they are totally full protection software which basically acts like a layer over all programs in your computer to protect from various threats like virus, trojan, worm, malware, spyware, rootkit infections etc.
You might also like:
- 15 Best Free Online Antivirus Scanners
- Top 10 Best Free Antivirus Software for Windows PC
- Top 10 Mobile Antivirus Software Packages
Recently Microsoft released the Windows 8 Consumer Preview. Microsoft said that there is no need to install third party antiviruses into the final build of Windows 8 as it will be shipped with an in-built antivirus program named Windows Defender.
As usual, it will never been used as the primary security system in anyone’s machine. So in the battle to become the best security system for Windows 8, all companies have started working to make their programs compatible with the latest operating system
Here we have listed the three best Antivirus Software for Windows 8 loaded PC.
Norton Internet Security 2012
The popular security vendor, Symantec, has released the new version of its Internet security suite that will work well with Windows 8 Consumer Preview. The program is currently in its beta stage and up for download with a 60 days trial version. It undoubtedly provides more features than Microsoft’s Windows Defender.
Here’s a quick round up of new features that Symantec offering with its latest Windows 8 compatible security system.
- New Insight 2.0 – This feature prompts you to not stop installing the app if it may harm the health and stability of your computer.
- Norton Safe Web for Facebook – It scans your News Feed for dangerous downloads and links to unsafe websites and warns you and your Facebook friends about them.
- Improved customizable Control Center – It now lets you choose between a simple or a detailed view for accessing program controls and Web-based Norton services.
- Power saver settings – It maximizes your laptop’s battery life by putting off non-critical activities until your computer is plugged in.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool – This feature creates an emergency CD/DVD/USB that gets your PC back up and running even if it’s so infected that it won’t start up.
Kasperksy Internet Security 2013
Kaspersky has rolled out the technology preview of Kasperksy Internet Security 2013. This antivirus is specifically designed for Microsoft’s new operating system.
The below download includes the full Internet Security 2013 product for 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 8. The product will be automatically activated for 90 days after the day of installation on the system.
Avast has now released the final versions of their 2012 security lineup – Avast Free Antivirus 7, Pro Antivirus 7 and Internet Security 7 .
The free version of Avast Antivirus supports all realtime-shields the program ships with, compatibility with all recent 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows (including Windows 8 Beta support), and a customizable installation option that makes sure that Avast Antivirus can be installed next to other security software as a second line of defense on the system.