In this internet era, making the data secure online has been a tedious task. Even after having various encrypted softwares and tools, the data is still not safe. The attackers easily access the data without user’s knowledge and hence exploits the personal data in several ways.
For sure your information is no more safe online. Last year, 174 million records were compromised, the second highest number of compromised records Verizon has tracked since 2004.The number of records clipped by cyber criminals increased by more than 4,000 percent over 2010, when only four million records were compromised.
- The Top 10 Online Scams [Infographic]
- 5 Essential Tips for Safe Online Shopping
- All You Need To Know About The Online Data Backup
Let’s have a look at an Infographic by Reverse Phone Lookup, which visualizes 9 tips for staying secure online and hence keeping the private information safe.
- Have a Firewall installed on your computer.
- Use anti-spyware/ anti-adware protection software. Check this list.
- Check browser settings to make sure privacy/security is set to where you want it.
- Use encryption software for private data on laptops and other portables.
- Read privacy statements on websites before releasing info.
- Check if GPS location data is being stored when input info
- Ensure transactions are submitted securely – look for the lock icon
- Strong passwords on all accounts, and separate passwords for different accounts. Check these tips to create strong passwords that are easy remember too
- Finally if someone asks for info online, first ask why and what they plan to do with it.