Yesterday, Microsoft unveiled the latest edition of Microsoft Office – Office 2013, also known as Office 15. The version out is the Technical Preview which comes completely free of charge and is intended to get people familiar with the new version until the final version goes on sale.
The initial announcement directed users who wished to download and test Office 2013 to an online installer. But now you can grab the offline installer from Microsoft Technet. Unlike the web-based installer, there are certain limitations to the offline installer:
- You cannot install and run multiple versions of office simultaneously. That means if you have Office 2010 or Office 2007 installed, you’ll have to remove it before installing Office 2013.
- It also does not support the fast streaming feature.
- It comes with a Product Key that you will need to active your Office installation with.
How to get Microsoft Office 2013 Preview Offline Installer
To download the offline installer and get your product key:
- Head over to TechNet Evaluation Center, scroll down the page and click on the link that says “Download the .msi package now”.
- Sign in with your Live ID, fill up the form, and click on Continue.
- On the next page you will get your product key for Office 2013.
- On the same page, you will get the download links for Office 2013, 32-bit or 64-bit version.
It is recommended that you download the 32-bit version because it is more compatible with existing add-ons.
The direct download links are given below. However, you still need to register on TechNet to get the product key. Both downloads are above 600MB in size.
The downloads support pause and resume so you don’t have to worry about the your Internet connection breaking in the middle of the download.