Today Fujifilm has launched FinePix F800EXR, the new travel zoom camera packing a 25-50mm f/3.5-5.6 optically stabilized lens. The camera houses a 1/2″ 16MP sensor that incorporates Fujifilm’s proprietary technology that optimizes noise and dynamic range.
What Fujifilm has thrown into the new travel zoom is the Wireless File Transfer capabilities, allowing the camera to send off your files to an Android or iOS device (the Fujifilm Camera Application for Android and the Fujifilm Photo Receiver for iOS) at the push of a button.
All you need to do is download the Fujifilm Photo Receiver app to your device and follow the on-screen instructions to pair your device with the camera. The camera supports the transfer of 30 images per session.
Other than the wireless transfer, the Fujifilm FinePix F800EXR incorporates the same feature set at the F770EXR including the built in film simulation filters along the ability to shoots panoramas and capture images in native RAW. The camera shoots movies in Full HD (30fps) with stereo sound.
The Fujifilm F800EXR also boasts of an impressive 8 frames per second burst mode in full resolution, mighty impressive for a camera in this bracket. The camera incorporates the ability to adjust the flash power, to make sure that the final exposure isn’t overexposed to the flash.
Key Features of Fujifilm FinePix F800EXR
The FinePix F800EXR offers these additional features:
- Intelligent Digital Zoom: With 20x optical zoom, Intelligent Digital Zoom delivers 40x total zoom, and 15x optical zoom extends to 30x total zoom.
- HD Movie Capture: Full 1080p HD quality, a mini HDMI port and stereo sound with a high speed movie option for freezing fast moving action at up to an incredible 320fps.
- Intelligent Image Stabilization: Intelligent Image Stabilization system provides further improved image quality with reduced blurring and noise in still pictures and even when shooting movies at the full optical zoom or in very low-light.
- Amazing panoramic shots: Enhanced Motion Panorama mode that allows users to capture beautiful, seamless 360° panoramic images both horizontally and vertically that show fine detail, low noise and high resolution at 180°, 240˚ or full 360˚ panoramic ranges.
- Tracking Auto Focus (AF): Tracks fast moving subjects so they don’t escape from the frame in a blur. Subjects will be tracked automatically for as long as it is kept in the frame and the shutter is half-pressed; when users fully press the shutter button your subject will be in the centre of the photo in perfect focus.
- Shoot in RAW: Images can also be captured in a RAW file for advanced creative work after shooting.
- Super Intelligent Flash: A flash control system which efficiently controls the level of flash for a given exposure to produce beautifully balanced flash illumination across the foreground and background.
The F800EXR looks to be a fine specimen on paper, but it won’t be out till August and would cost a decent $349. No word on India availability.