Elpin is a smart plug you can monitor all the products you attached using DC outlets in your house not only that you can also monitor your loved once using this upcoming technology.
With it you can monitor, control and even share devices with your friends from anywhere in the world.
How Elpin Smart Plug Works?
You control the Eplin smart plug using your Smartphone. All the signals sent to control the Elpin is sent by using a cloud service and its all done in real time. There is a dual core Wi-Fi chip installed inside the plug help the plug to connect to the home Wi-Fi.
- Control Your devices like magic with Kymera Magic Wand
- Pocket TV USB stick turns any TV into an Android-powered PC
- Turn iPhone into a Remote Control Device [How-To]
We are very busy in our daily life and some time we leave things behind in our houses and go to work and then remember that we forgot to switch off that thing and the worst part is with all the technologies available we still can’t do nothing about it and have to wait to get home to switch it off and that will surely be shown in the next electric bill of yours.
All of this is made possible by the Elpin smart plug. If you have left anything switched on at your house you will get a notification at your Smartphone and you can simply switch if off using your Android or iOS device.
To install the Elpin app and make sure everything works smoothly you need to make sure your iOS device is running iOS 5.1. The compatibility will soon be available for the Android devices.
iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S running iOS 5.1
Android devices running 2.3 and higher
WiFi type 802.11b (also works with b/g/n networks)
Standard 3 pronged U.S. plug (safely powers anything you plug into your wall socket- up to 15amps, or ~1875 watts)
Elpin is a kickstarter program and the team behind needs you help to make all this a reality for all the consumers. They are pledging for $90,000. They have reached the pledge of $36,000 and there are 11 days to go.
To make this product a reality and if you wanted to use it we will recommend you to pledge for this product on KickStarter.
Currently with the Elphi system, you can:
- Monitor loved ones (elderly or latchkey kids) by looking at the power use patterns on their devices.
- Instantly turn on and off any device from anywhere via smartphone – from your couch or from across the world
- Use the button as a manual override if a smart phone is not present
- Set timers just like you set your alarm clock on your phone – set your coffee machine to turn on every morning
- Location awareness – your phone can notify you or control devices based on your location (i.e. curling iron turns off when you leave the house)
- Measure the power usage of any device, and monitor it over time
- Plug two Elphi plugs into a single outlet with our space efficient design!
- Update Elphi plug firmware from your phone
- Synchronize state changes across multiple users’ phones
- Automatically turns off if device plugged into Elphi plug is drawing too much power
You can go to the Elpin smart plug page on kickstarter from the source link below.