Panda Software has just released version 2.0 of their Panda Cloud Antivirus application. Available in both free and paid versions, Panda Cloud Antivirus 2.0 touts 50% faster on-demand scans, improved disinfection rates and reduced memory usage.
Panda Cloud Antivirus application has basically moved the virus database definitions to the cloud which simplifies the updating. It also allows Panda to use its Collective Intelligence technology which takes findings on all user systems into consideration when determining whether a process or file is malicious in nature.
- 15 Best Free Online Antivirus Scanners
- Top 10 Best Free Antivirus Software for Windows PC
- Get Free Antivirus Licenses From Facebook Anti-Virus Marketplace
Previously limited to the paid version, free users now benefit from Panda’s behavioral analysis engine. The free software also packs a new cloud-based disinfection engine, improved offline protection, the ability to display individual processes for everything connected to the Internet, URL and Web filtering, as well as new advanced configuration options.
The Pro Edition costs $30 a year and contains all of the above in addition to a new community-based firewall that manages permissions with real-time knowledge from Panda’s global userbase, protection on public Wi-Fi networks, and automatic “USB vaccination.” Pro customers also get an ad-free experience and 24/7 multilingual support.
Key Features of Panda Cloud Antivirus 2.0
The main new features which Panda Cloud Antivirus 2.0 incorporates over the existing 1.5.2 version are the following:
- Community-based firewall (pro edition only).
- New cloud-based disinfection engine.
- New behavioral analysis engine in the free edition.
- Improved offline protection.
- Process monitor allows seeing Internet connections on a per process basis.
- Improved performance and 50% faster scans.
- New advanced configuration options such as asking for confirmation before neutralizing.
- Compatibility with Windows 8.
- New interface.
- Ability to manage different licenses.
If you’re already using an older version of Panda Cloud Antivirus, it should update automatically in the coming days or you can manually download the latest build here. You can also download offline installer for Panda Clould Antivirus 2.0 from here.