Windows 8, the new operating system from Microsoft has a wonderful and modern handy User Interface as Start Screen has got a lot of praises from users. It is also called Metro screen.
Windows 8 Start Screen allows you to pin or unpin apps, opted folders and other system applications on single platform. It assists you to access instant and simple. Windows 8 apps pinned on the Start Screen look is Tiles. Windows 8 Tiles comes in two styles – static and dynamic. Now windows 8 tiles can be reorganized and pinned in categorize groups in easy way.
Custom Tiles Maker is a slick new app that allows you to create custom tile grids.
You can create various tile arrangements from your favorite images, and pin these tiles to the Start Screen.
Create Custom Windows 8 Start Screen Tiles
The application seems very lightweight and comprises of only a few different options. It has a plain white background, so don’t expect any snazzy colors. Akin to other Modern UI styled apps, it runs in full-screen mode.
Creating a new tile grid isn’t much more than following four simple steps.
- To get started, Download Custom Tile Maker and install the app on your PC.
- Open the app and click Select Photo on the main screen. Custom Tiles Maker automatically scans and recognizes the image directories on your machine. You may easily browse to the target location, and after selecting the image, click Open to add it into the app.
- Tiles can be arranged in distinct patterns. The drop-down menu under Step 2 houses a number of tile dimensions and arrangements, both in square and wide designs.
- You may also click Adjust Cropping to drag the image to your preferred position, which helps in bringing your desired area into focus.
- Once configured, click each tile to pin it to the Start Screen.
Take a look at the screenshot above to see how the final result appears on the Start Screen.