- Nokia Lumia 920 vs Samsung Galaxy S III Low light Camera Test [Video]
- What Happens Every 60 Seconds On The Internet ?
- 10 Most Common Type of Personality on Social Network [ Which One Are You? ]
- Watch the Complete The Matrix Movie in Just 60 Seconds
- How to Find Which Program Causes Your Windows PC To Hang or Crash
It may seem quaint now, but it was common in the 40s and 50s for companies to require their women employees to resign when they marry.
The memo below, dated January 10, 1951, put a “temporary modification” on IBM’s personnel policy that effectively allowed its female employees to remain working after marriage and allowed the company to hire married women in the first place.
From the memo:
Effective immediately and until further notice:
1. A female employee will not be required to resign from the company upon marriage
2. The Company will consider for employment a married female.